Screwtape Letters Youth & Adult Book Club
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis is a brilliant and satirical look at spiritual warfare and the dynamics of temptation. Screwtape, a senior demon in the bureaucracy of Hell, writes letters to his incompetent nephew Wormwood, a junior devil. The younger demon’s assignment is to corrupt a young man living in London during the tumultuous days of World War II.
Who: Youth 6tth-12th grade and adults
Where: Large Conference Room and Zoom
RSVP to Reagan or Bryan Gonzalez
When: Wednesdays, October 4 – November 15, 6-7pm
The Screwtape Letters is only about 100 pages long, so fear not if the number of chapters to read each week looks daunting. You will get out of this class what you put into it. That said, please come to class even if you haven’t done all the reading for the week. Your voice is a gift to our discussion.
- October 4th: Preface – Chapter 5
- October 11th: Chapter 6 – Chapter 12
- October 18th: Chapter 13- Chapter 18
- October 25th: Chapter 19 – Chapter 24
- November 1st: Chapter 25 – Chapter 31
- November 15th: Screwtape Proposes a Toast